As with all National RTAP web apps, you must be logged into the Cloud in order to access Website Builder Version 2. If you do not have a Cloud Account, create one by clicking the “Cloud Signup” button in the top right corner of this page. If you already have a Cloud Account, log in using the “Cloud Login” button also in the top right corner. To learn more, please see the What is the Cloud? page on the main National RTAP website, or return to the Support Center homepage to watch the Cloud Overview video.
Once logged into the Cloud, if you do not see Website Builder Version 2 as one of the web apps on the left side of your dashboard, contact your Cloud Signup Admin (the first person in your organization to sign up for the Cloud) to request authorization. If you do not know who your Cloud Signup Admin is, or if that individual no longer works at your organization, email firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
Before you begin using Website Builder Version 2 to create a website for your transit agency, there are some tasks to complete and questions to consider:
- Does your agency have a logo, branding colors or guidelines? If so, collect that information before you begin so you will be ready to choose a design that reflects your agency’s brand. If you don’t have branding colors or guidelines, Website Builder offers basic design and color options that you can apply to your site.
- Create a site map of the information that will be included on your website and where on the site it should be placed.
- Gather all of the materials and information you will need to populate your pages. This can include a logo, route information, schedules, maps, fare information, photos, and agency policies.
- View other transit-related websites to develop an understanding of how you would like your website to look and function.
- Decide who on your staff will be responsible for populating the site with content and maintaining the information after the website is launched.
- Review the Getting Started Guide to get an overview of all of the functions that are available through Website Builder Version 2. The Getting Started Guide also provides details about creating a Cloud Account and gives step-by-step instructions on how to use each of the functions in the web app. You can either download this document below or view it online by clicking on the “Getting Started Guide” link in the left toolbar.
Getting Started Guide