This section contains additional resources that relate to each topic in the Operations section. These resources are organized by topic, and to see the full list please scroll down the length of the page. This is not an exhaustive list of resources, and if you require more information on any topic please feel free to search the National RTAP Resource Library here or email our Resource Center at email@example.com.
Safety and Security and Emergency Management
- AARP Public Policy Institute, “Mobility Management,” authored by Elizabeth Ellis, AICP, KFH Group, Inc.
- APTA Resource Library- Mobility Management Section
- California Department of Transportation, “Mobility Management Planning Study”
- “Mobility Management: Not your Traditional Transit Operation,” presented by Ron Barnes, chair, APTA Mobility Management Committee, National RTAP/FTA/NTTA 1stTechnical Assistance and Tribal Transit Program Conference and Roadeo, March 18-21, 2012, Fort McDowell, AZ
- National Center for Mobility Management website
- National RTAP, “Transportation Coordination” training module
- TCRP Report 101, “Toolkit for Rural Community Coordinated Transportation Services”
- Texas Transportation Institute, “Performance Measures for Public Transit Mobility Management”
- United We Ride, “Mobility Management Brochure”
Service Planning and Evaluation
- Florida DOT Public Involvement Training Webpage- The Public Involvement Toolkit
- Florida DOT Research Center/CUTR Project #BD549-38, “Best Practices in Transit Service Planning”
- Michigan DOT, "Guidelines for Stakeholder Engagement"
- National RTAP, "Getting Started: Creating a Vision and Strategy for Community Transit" Technical Brief
- National RTAP, "Developing, Designing and Delivering Community Transportation Services" Technical Brief
- National RTAP, “Scheduling and Dispatching” Training Module
- Reilly, Jack (Capital District Transportation Authority, Albany, NY), Edward Beimborn (UWM) and Robert Schmitt (RTR Associates, Pittsburgh), “Transit Performance Measurement,” adapted from an NTI course
- TCRP Report 3, “Workbook for Estimating Demand for Rural Passenger Transportation”
- TCRP Report 6, “Users’ Manual for Assessing Service-Delivery Systems for Rural Passenger Transportation”
- TCRP Report 30, “Transit Scheduling: Basic and Advanced Manuals”
- TCRP Report 136, “Guidebook for Rural Demand-Response Transportation: Measuring, Assessing, and Improving Performance”
- TCRP Report 140, “A Guide for Planning and Operating Flexible Public Transportation Services”