ProcurementPRO is a free web-based application that guides rural and tribal grantees and state DOTs through FTA procurement procedures. Using basic project information entered by the user, the program provides the required federal clauses and certifications that must be included in procurement documents. In addition, the program provides helpful check lists and guidance. The printed document is also a great template for your procurement file.
In six easy steps and less than a few minutes, ProcurementPRO does what it may have taken you days or weeks to do.
There are two versions of ProcurementPRO:
This full version of ProcurementPRO provides the federally-required clauses and certifications, as well as checklists and other documentation for your project. It allows you to edit your project; creates a printable document; and is organized by tabs to help you manage your project flow and files.
This is a shortened version of ProcurementPRO built for those who wish only to download the federally-required clauses and certifications necessary for a given project.
As with all National RTAP web apps, you must be logged into the Cloud in order to access ProcurementPRO. If you do not have a Cloud Account, create one by clicking the “Cloud Signup” button in the top right corner of this page. If you already have a Cloud Account, log in using the “Cloud Login” button also in the top right corner. To learn more, please see the Web Apps Overview page on the main National RTAP website. You can also email firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
Before you get started with ProcurementPRO there are some tasks to complete and questions to consider:
- Determine what you want to procure.
- Perform an independent cost estimate before receiving any bids or proposals. This will improve the reliability of forecasting cost and can range from a simple to complex budget estimate based on product inspection and review. This process is particularly significant when there is no price competition, or when goods or services are dissimilar, and when prices seem unreasonably high. You can use this Independent Cost Estimate Worksheet to assist you.
- Determine if you want to generate a procurement document (full ProcurementPRO version) or just get the federal clauses and certifications (QuickPRO version).
- Test out different procurement scenarios using ProcurementPRO to see how the program works. You can delete any test projects.
- Find out if your state, local, or tribal government has cost thresholds, procurement methods, or clauses and certifications that are different from those of the federal government. If so, you will want to make sure to follow those requirements. If you are a state, local or tribal government and would like to create a portal with your specific procurement regulations, email email@example.com for more information.